Welcome

This is your weekly dose of stories written just for you specifically. And the rest of everyone, everywhere. But you especially.

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Things That Happen On The Way

   Monday morning is shining in through a window specked with dust from years of running on dirty streets, in little cloud-like patterns. Maybe you could draw in them, leave messages and letters to strangers. But that would be strange. Besides, I'm reading a newspaper. That is who I am on this bus in the morning: the man who reads the paper. You can't just upset that kind of routine to write a love poem in dust to a stranger. Though I want to. So I stare at the window, past the article I'm not reading. I don't stare at the woman who is mumbling to herself and shaking, because that is what she does. That is what she's there for. And I am not the man that stares at crazy people. I read the newspaper. And I don't introduce myself to the girl with the sad face, because I am not the man who comforts sad people. I get off at my stop, and walk down the street. Because I am the man who goes to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment